There are quite a few pre-made survival kits out there – some are junk, some are well-made. Omega Survival Supply is getting their hat in the ring with their 3 Days In A Can Personal Survival Kit at cost of $19.95.
Here’s the link:
It’s a sealed metal can with a lot of your basics for a survival outting, and here’s the list:
– 1,000 calories in emergency food bars — they’re quite good…similar to a dry Christmas cookie.
– 14-function swiss style camp knife including signal mirror, LED flashlight, scissors, 2.5″ blade, 1.5″ blade, leather punch, can opener, bottle opener, small and medium flat head screwdrivers, button compass, leather threader, corkscrew, file, mini phillips driver/pick.
– 3 potable water tablets for making 3 safe-to-drink quarts of water for hydration.
– 1 emergency blanket for applying to a hypothermic person, or to keep yourself from becoming wet or cold.
– 3 storm-proof, ultimate matches
– 3 standard, water-proof matches.
– Strike paper
– 4 fire starting cubes.
– 3 bandaids
– 1 anti-biotic ointment
– 2 sterile “pop-up” hand towels
– 1 tampon (for normal or multi-use)
– 1 survival fishing kit with bobber, 7 hooks, 30′ of 8 lbs. test line, 4 artificial lures, 4 sinkers.
– 1 plastic lid
– 1 aluminum can/cup.
Want to purchase EDC, tactical, emergency, or survival items?
I’d be very thankful if you would use the following link to support Everyday Tactical Vids when you search for gear on Amazon:
Here are links if you’d like to purchase some of my favorite EDC, tactical, emergency, outdoor, and survival items:
– 5.11 ATAC PLX Flashlight:
– Surefire P2X Fury Flashlight:
– Benchmade Griptilian:
– Blackhawk Roll-out Medical Bag:
– UTG Messenger Bag:
– Condor Messenger Bag:
– Bahco Laplander Folding Saw:
– Mora Companion Knife:
– KaBar BK2:
– Klean Kanteen Water Bottles:
– Corona Folding Saw:
– Schrade SCAXE2:
– Various Kinds of Paracord:
– Emergency Mylar Blankets:
– Survivor Fire Starter:
– CRKT Woods Chogan Tomahawk:
Everyday Tactical Vids: Thinking Tactically, Living Purposefully
Everyday Tactical Vids exists to help individuals become an asset to self and others in everyday life and crisis situations.
The 6 Core Areas of Everyday Tactical Vids:
– Soul: Asking the deeper questions of our existence and why we live as we do
– Body: Taking care of the physical body through fitness and medical care
– Psychology: Working to understand our own minds and the minds of others in crisis situations
– Skills: Applying knowledge to the point of proficiency
– Gear Selection: Choosing the right gear for the job or situation
– Location: Where am I and how does that impact all other 5 Core Areas
FOLLOW EVERYDAY TACTICAL VIDS:
– Car Survival Kit / Emergency Bag:
– Compact Survival Kit:
– Home Depot Urban Survival Kit:
– Bug-out Bag, Walmart Style:
SOME OF OUR MOST POPULAR POSTS:
– Last Ditch Survival Kit:
– Interview – Travis Haley of Haley Strategic:
– Tim’s EDC/Everyday Carry Bag:
PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN AN INFLUENCE ON EVERYDAY TACTICAL VIDS:
– Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman, originator of The Sheepdog Concept
– Travis Haley of Haley Strategic
– Chris Costa of Costa Ludus
– The team over at ITS Tactical
– NutnFancy and his YouTube channel/community
– Tom Brown Jr. of The Tracker School
– Dave Canterbury of The Pathfinder School
– Rob Pincus and the team at Personal Defense Network